Thursday, August 18, 2011

Meat me in Paris!

Greetings from Paris my dear blog readers!!
(Note that the title only sounds good if you pronounce the word "Paris" as the French would)

Yes, that's right. I am currently writing to you far from the hustling bustling United States, but that doesn't mean I can't do what I'm supposed to do on a Monday! The food here is, in a word, magnificent. And I'll tell ya, there's a whole lot of strange forms of meat here (liver, feet etc). Some of which I have tried, and others that I could not muster up enough bravery to be able to even put near my mouth (and normally, I'm open to almost anything). But still, it's Monday and it is important that I keep to my rule and not eat meat today (even while in a city with much fine food).

Anyway, what I'm here to tell you is that you too can continue to be meatless (or at least meat conscious) while you're away from home. Here are a few tips I've put together for eating (and not eating) meat on the road, in the air, and in a totally different city:




1.) Skip the meat at breakfast: I mean, really. When was the last time you actually had bacon and sausage with your breakfast at home? It shouldn't be too hard to give up this one luxury for a single day of your vacation. Substitute with eggs or yogurt (seriously, even I gave up French porsciutto on meatless Monday!)

2.) Go meatless with airline food: Think about it, how good could the meat be in the air? It's frozen, processed, and not to mention just plain gross. So whether it's meatless Monday or not, I'd say just pass on meat based Airline food. A vegetarian option is almost always offered, and if not you can always just ask.

3.) Fish always beats other meat: sometimes the situation just doesn't allow for a vegetarian option to be available. But better than getting meat is getting fish, which is a lot farther away from meat than a hamburger is.

4.) If worse comes to worse.... Just don't go meatless. Sometimes, it's just impossible to get a quality vegetarian meal, especially in a foreign country. Promise that sometime when you get home, you'll have an extra meatless meal to make up for it. It can be really Difficult to keep to A meatless tradition when youre far from home. But seriously, Don't beat yourself up, you will be forgiven :)

I hope you all found these tips helpful!

Happy eating!
Leda :)

P.S. I apologize for the late post, bad formatting and spelling mistakes. But unfortunately I'm writing this post from my iPod :/
I promiseto bring you a new recipe next week!

3 comments:

  1. "fish, which is a lot farther away from meat than a hamburger is"?????? fish have faces toooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh look it's you-know-poo again SHMEEESeptember 5, 2011 at 8:35 PM

    LOL ALEKHYA I LOVE YOU.

    ReplyDelete